Eos 6D firmware 1.1.4

alberto_bocca

<p>My Eos 6D is actually working (fine) with firmware 1.1.3.<br>

I see that some months ago Canon has produced the new firmware 1.1.4.<br>

Could someone who has installed this new firmware on the Eos 6D tell me what has changed?<br>

Is there some improvement?<br>

And is it really necessary to upgrade the camera to the new firmware 1.1.4?<br>

Thanks in advance!<br>

Alberto</p>

<p>If it's working fine for you right now, there is no need to upgrade the firmware.<br>

The only 'improvement' that will apply to you (unless you read German or Korean) is that apparently some sort of intermittent fault with transferring images to mobile devices running the Canon EOS remote app occurs w/ the prior versions.</p>

<p>According Canon, 1.1.4 fixes a few minor glitches:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>1. Fixes a phenomenon in which some images cannot be transferred to mobile devices running the EOS Remote app.<br />2. Corrects an error in the German language Feature Guide.<br />3. Corrects an error in the Korean language Feature Guide.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The EOS Remote app works very reliably on my iPhone now. I haven't tried the language features but my wife told me the Korean menus are fine now.<br>

One feature not listed is some non-OEM batteries are no longer recognized by the camera menu. My STK now give me a warning. No biggie, it's the worst battery I've ever owned, lasting only about 25% as long as OEM.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter