Buying Canon FD lens on "Used Photo Pro"

gary_d1

Hi all.

Has anybody bought used FD lens and or other gear on

the "used photo pro" website?

Their prices seems to be competitive with Ebay, and it

seems that gear sold, other than in "fair" condition, is

covered by a 180 day warranty. That to me is a big plus....

Free shipping as well.

Thanks. Gary

<p>Thanks. I just saw the affilitation with Roberts. I am looking at an FD lens on the used photo pro web site. It's about 10 % more than the same lens on ebay. To me, the 10% is worth it for a 14day return policy and a 180 day waranty.....The ebay seller does not offer any returns. Tough buying a lens, IMHO, on "pictures" alone .....without the ability to return it.... </p>

<p>Gary - FWIW, most of my purchases from there were negotiated prices, not those advertised. Of course the key to success is knowing what you believe to be the true worth of an item, how much you are willing to pay, and the fortitude to walk away from a counteroffer which you feel is too high.</p>

<p>Just thought I'd add to this. Yes, Used Photo Pro is a division of Robert's Camera. I've only bought from them through eBay, but I've paged through their website's listings on occasion. Usually their eBay ads will have either "make offer" buttons or discounts if you buy more than a certain $ amount. I've used both these promotions to my benefit.</p>

<p>I liken Roberts to KEH. Their warranties are the same (6 months) and they have extensive inventories of used items. Plus, Roberts Camera's grading system is on par with KEH's. Items I bought from them were very clean, and I picked them up at excellent prices.</p>