What is probably a silly question about monitor calibration.

<p>OK, I have my new PC set up but for the next day or two, I still have an extremely cheap monitor that needs calibration, at the VERY least and I also have some editing work that I would like to get done before waiting for the new monitor.</p>

<p>I know my new Nec monitor makes changes to the actual MONITOR when calibrating.</p>

<p>I know that if I calibrate this loaner monitor with my Eye One Display 2 that the changes will be made in the GRAPHICS CARD.</p>

<p>Will these changes to the graphics card, screw up the eventual calibration of the Nec monitor?</p>

<p>In other words, in my very non-tech head, I'm picturing the best calibration for the Nec monitor will take place if I have not make ANY changes to the graphics card.</p>

<p>Am I being a bit to much of a Nervous Nelly? Might it be necessary and is it possible to do a factory reset on the new graphics card right before and do the eventual calibration of the Nec monitor, (with it's proprietary software and puck).</p>

<p>when the NEC Spectraview runs, it'll calibrate the internal LUTs but it will *also* make a default/straight-line profile for the video card. So, when that profile is loaded, it'll overwrite whatever was loaded. The video RAM is volatile.</p>

<p>So, you're basically worrying about nothing ;)</p>

<p> </p>