Enlarger

peter_saunders2

<p>Is the camera 4xs5 or 5x7. Looks like a late model Speed Graphic but I wasn't aware they made 5x7.<br /><br />If it's 4x5 and you're in the U.S., either an Omega D series or a Beseler 45 series is the way to go. They were the two top of the line enlargers throughout the film era and there were huge cottage industries of every conceivable accessory, lens, part, etc. made for them. They handle any film size up through 4x5. They are indestructible -- my D2 is close to 50 years old and I'm at least the third owner but it looks like the day it came out of the factory. if it's 5x7, you want an Omega E series. Not sure if Beseler made an equivalent.</p>

<p>Omega and Beseler are both great--I used an Omega D2 for years, finally replaced it with a Zone VI which is even better for B&W. The usual head is for up to 5x7, and there is also an 8x10 head that fits the same chassis. Because they are big and heavy (my 5x7 long column is in the vicinity of 150 pounds!) they go begging on eBay, but my Zone VI is built like the Brooklyn bridge and never goes out of alignment.</p>

<p>Is the camera 5x7 or 4x5? I have an early Omega E (5x7) for sale as well as a few Omega D5XL (4x5). Both are reasonably priced. I also have a Durst 138S (5x7) for sale. I'm in NH. My issue with selling enlargers is I'd rather not ship them.</p>

• 2 months later...