Upgrade from LR4?

<p>I just got a new laptop and am reinvigorated as far as photography is considered. I am using LR4 and have been waiting for LR6 before upgrading.</p>

<p>I know LR6 is expected in March so don't want to pay to upgrade for a short period to LR5. Looking for suggestions on how to go about upgrading. I upgraded from 1 to 2 then 4. It seems like Adobe always changes the policies and marketing approaches. Does adobe usually offer an upgrade if you purchase a software title and it is upgraded within 2 months or 30 days? Will there be a Beta of LR6 available to the public before the March release?</p>

<p>Where are you getting your information? Here is an article about LR6 release, "confirmed." - http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/33774/20140819/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-6-release-date.htm According to that article, you should have had the trial version since September. While it's probably coming out sometime next year, the March date has never been confirmed by Adobe, AFAIK.</p>

<p>Adobe usually offers a Release Candidate download sometime before the final version and it's always free. If you don't want to pay twice, wait for the RC.</p>

<p>I believe the early release is usually called a beta version. In the past there was a beta available to the public and a trial or RC version leading up to the official launch. There was a huge presence on the forums discussing new features, bugs, etc. <br>

I have looked around and and can't find a trial version anywhere of LR6. In a previous search I saw comments along the lines that the beta versions are only available to a limited group of insiders of some type. It seems like advance access to the software and the great amounts of information and coverage on the web is non existent for this release. Since adobe is changing things up recently I was just hoping for some insight on how they may release LR 6?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>In a previous search I saw comments along the lines that the beta versions are only available to a limited group of insiders of some type.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

If you looked at some of the followups, those claims were never validated even by the people who claimed they had it. It may be true but it's not something anyone that has it would talk about, based on past experience. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see the products early by telling people they have it.<br>

<br>

In any case, it's irrelevant. Until the product is out, in whatever form, it doesn't really matter because Adobe can change the date until it's public.</p>