What is your favorite place for landscapes between to times of july 1st and august 15th or so.

nate_merz1

I ask this because my family and I always go on vacation during these

times and I am gathering info on places to go. We have already been

to glacier and yellowstone(many times). The criteria is as follows:

must have great scenics, must be west of the continental divide(there

are exceptions, i.e just has to be very close to continental divide),

it can include parts of canada. would be nice, but not needed to have

wildlife since i do have a younger brother and sister who arent

interested in landscapes and love animals. Any suggestions?

Nate, you live in Pullman right? The choice is easy. Get out to the Olympic Peninsula, and shoot the beaches and the rainforests. I go to ONP every August. If you'd like some spots to go shoot, just let me know.

I've been to both, and loved both. But in my opinion Banff and Jasper beat Olympic for sheer spectacular beauty that seems to go on and on and on . . . . On the down side, when I was there (early August a couple of years ago), Banff and Jasper had a higher ratio of RVs and bus tours, with some of the more popular trails and overlooks feeling like Dinseyland. Overall, though, it might just be the right combination of landscapes and animals you're looking for; you might see some elk in Olympic, but you won't see any grizzlies.

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Miami, so I shoot pictures in the Everglades in the summer, the towering cumulonimbus clouds produced by the heat over the Everglades makes the whole picture beautiful. And sometimes you can get away with having a bad subject just because the clouds become your main subject.