Mamiya RZ and Elinchrom Eco Ringflash

PatB

<p>Hi All,<br>

I asked this question on the light sub forum but judging by the archive posts, there aren't too many MF users there. So here it goes again.<br>

Has anyone had a chance to use Elinchrom's Eco Ringflash with Mamiya RZ? Is the length of the ringflash rails long enough to accommodate normal to short telephoto lenses? Any mounting or focussing issues?<br>

Many thanks!<br>

Pat</p>

<p>I only have the 100mm lens on mine and do not own the flash, so this might not help you but I did some measurements:<br>

diameter at aperture ring aprox 9cm<br>

tripod socket to aperture ring at infinity focus - 7cm<br>

tripod socket to aperture ring at closest focus by focusing scale - 10cm (note this is fully extended bellows)</p>

<p>I was not able to find the maximum rail extension for the flash, so you'd have to ask Elinchrom. But given that the 110mm is the shortest lens of the bund available, youd have touble with any portrait (150/180/210) one I guess.</p>

<p>Hi Lubos, thanks for taking your time to measure everything. It looks like a tight fit, going by the dimensions on the camera and the ringflash, but I guess I'll try to find a local supplier and take the camera to test it out.</p>