newbie to em5

lisa_lowden

<p>hello. I know its been tossed around a lot but can someone tell me what ss shutter shock is and could you give me a description or image of when it may occur? sorry if this has been asked before but I want to see if mine has it cause ive taken high speed images indoors with no flash and some of them are blurry and look like crap. pardon the language. thanks. lisa</p>

<p>Shutter shock is when the shutter mechinism causes a small amount of vibration during exposure and caused pictures to be a little less sharp. It's been talked about quite a bit on the dpreview site, with wildly different opinions. People seem to report it more with the E-M1, and at shutter speeds between 1/50 and 1/250 of a second. Also seems to depend on the lens.</p>

<p>I didn't think my E-M1 had the problem. But after the electronic first curtain option was added, I could see there is a small improvement in the sharpness. I don't think they added the feature to the E-M5.</p>

<p>As far as your indoor pictures go, there could be several reasons why they don't look so good. Maybe shutter speed, subject movement, auto focus missed. Hard to say without seeing one and knowing more details. </p>