Nikon Wednesday 2014: #45

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three images per week, so share some work!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It's Wednesday again, and hope that all you Nikon folk have been up to good stuff. Working through the post and some prints for a recent puppy portrait session, and here's one I like from the group. You just can't go wrong with bird dog puppies. Shot something for which you have a personal soft spot? Share!</p><div>00cvx0-552271984.jpg.af15b845786ba29725f2e0d1beb1ed50.jpg</div>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I was down at Lake George today, having fun shooting the closed-down resort and the few remaining people, and made the stupid mistake of working on a bad exposure directly on the card using this computer which sometimes kills files, and sure enough....all gone. And I knew better too.</p>

<p>So from earlier in the week, a creature far less cuddly, enjoying the end of the inky cap season.</p><div>00cvxD-552272384.JPG.6469d6564b1ccde30be8a330393a3bb4.JPG</div>

<p>Our sprite of a receiver ran a post and caught the ball in full-stride. After a final cutback where the lone remaining defender managed to snag his foot, he braced his fall and dove into the end zone. it was quite an athletic maneuver.</p>

<p>D4 + AF-S 300mm, IS0 8000, 1/1250s @ f/2.8</p><div>00cvyS-552277984.jpg.2b62b62c6b6904b7976970bc10ebfd51.jpg</div>

<p>My grandmother was an excellent baker, especially known for her hickory nut cakes. When she showed up with one at an ice cream social, the generally genial Methodists could become agressive in their haste to get a piece before it was all gone.<br /> <br />Every fall, my grandfather would gather up as many hickory nuts as he could find, crack them, pick out the meats, and freeze them in coffee cans for the next year's cakes. My 91 year-old dad recently found a can in the back of his freezer that they must have given him at least 30 years ago. Dad wasn't interested in eating anything that old, but the squirrels love them.</p>