Sandisk VS Lexar

ian_melvin

<p>I am looking at getting some CF cards from Amazon and looking at the price difference it seems logical to go for the Lexar ones. Both are 160 mb/s read and from what i can tell the wite speed are the same. Is there any real reason to spend the extra £40 ish on getting the 64GB Sandisk over the same Lexar or is it as I suspect more brand loyalty?</p>

<p>No CF card has ever failed me, I'm very happy to say. They all seem to work well, but I am shooting mostly static subjects so never really test the limits on speed and the like.<br>

With my style of shooting, I've found the Kingston cards to work as well as the Sandisk or Lexar CF cards I also have.</p>

<p>There were/are counterfeit cards out there (e.g., small-capacity cards pimped up to look like they were larger capacity, false labels, etc.), so I think it is a really good idea to buy from someone you can trust rather than any old vendor on eBay or Amazon.</p>

<p>I'd trust Amazon themselves, but I have got mine from B&H. </p>

<p>it depends what series of cards you are looking at. Lexar's Professional line costs about the same as Sandisk's top products, I believe. Personally I have always used Lexar Professional series cards/card readers - none have failed so far (in 10 years). I also have some Lexar Platinum cards, performance-wise they don't seem any different from Professional series, yet they are cheaper.</p>