Yellow Filter for Zeiss Planar CFE 2.8/80mm

mark_keraly1

<p>Hi - I'm very new to the world of adding filters to my Hasselblad. I have a Planar CFE 2.8/80 which I know has a Ø60 filter size. I'm really struggling to find a somewhat economical way in which to incorporate a yellow filter. <br>

<br>

I'm reading a bit about step up rings and various adapters but I'm confused on what I need to get this dialed in. If someone could help me figure out exactly what I need I would certainly appreciate it. <br>

<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>Hello Mark,</p>

<p>You can buy a Hasselblad version of the Ø60 filter size which will fit directly onto your lens. Or what some people do is buy a bay 60 to 67mm Filter and then buy a B&W 67mm yellow filter which is similar in size.<br /><br />Pretty easy solutions. I just sold a brand new yellow filter for $189 but typically they sell on the used market for around $75 to $100. I have a bay 60 yellow that has some scratches on it I'd sell pretty cheaply if you're interested in it. Just write me privately.<br /><br />If not - no big deal and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.</p>

<p>Mark that should have said a bay 60 to 67mm adapter ring. I'm sure you knew that but did want to clarify for anyone else who might read this thread later on.<br /><br />There are always several of them on eBay at any point. Just type in "bay 60 67mm" or something similar and you should see plenty. </p>

<p>Mark, Lee sells a "snap" filter holder that holds gels. I have one along with the yellow, orange, red, and green gels that fit into the frames. Works well on my medium format and large format gear for which I don't have a dedicated filter.<br>

<br />I've not noticed a difference (not to say there isn't one) in the results from the dedicated filters, but may be something you could consider for the time being.</p>

<p>Here's a link<br>

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/186726-REG/LEE_Filters_Gel_Snap_3x3_4x4_Filter.html/prm/alsVwDtl">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/186726-REG/LEE_Filters_Gel_Snap_3x3_4x4_Filter.html/prm/alsVwDtl</a></p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>I would recommend getting a Bay 60 to 62mm adapter and use standard screw in filters. This is what I do. I also have a large Cokin style holder which allows me to use several different adapters for the different Bay sizes. It works very well but you cannot use a hood with the lenses which is usually not a big problem.</p>