Lens Hood For Sony 16-50mm SEL Sony Lens

<p>I don't have the E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6, but indeed, it appears to take 40.5mm screw-in filters, and to neither come with nor offer as a standard accessory a hood. So if I wanted a hood for one, I'd probably look for something like a 40.5mm -> 49mm step-up ring, then a 49mm hood of however long I could use and not vignette at 16mm (might have to experiment to see what that would be).</p>

<p>The 16-50 does indeed take 40.5mm filters etc. I managed to get what was supposed to be a 40.5mm generic lens shade on eBay but it turned out to be a 52mm with a 40.5mm to 52mm step up ring and I have to watch out for vignetting.<br>

I guess there is no dedicated lens shade for the 16-50.-oh well.<br>

Thanks for the replies! cb :-)</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Actually, the best and cheapest solution for that lens is to buy one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-5mm-Tulip-Flower-Lens-Hood-For-Nikon-1-V1-10mm-10-30mm-30-110mm-/200755239000?pt=US_Camera_Camcorder_Accessory_Bundles&hash=item2ebdf1d858<br>

Mine came with a 40.5 to 52mm adapter. That lets me use 52mm filters - more choices and cheaper than the few for 40.5mm. Try the Moose 81A/CPL filter and be amazed.</p>