Argus C3 Package with new found respect, well sort of

<p>Oh yeah! Double exposures, as JDM points out, were easily obtained with the C3, whether intentional or not. Here is a scan of a double exposure of my high school friend Mark Leonard smashing a pumpkin on his own head, circa 1960. I made the print back then on a poor quality enlarger that three of us shared. We used the same 50mm lens from the C3 for the enlarger lens. We knew that reversing the lens would produce better image quality, but could not figure out a method for adjusting the aperture without disturbing focus if we did. The print shows a bit of hypo staining, but not bad for fifty some years later.</p><div>00cmZG-550645684.jpg.99e2ae582c4339afb9e4c875e4c52a0b.jpg</div>

<p>Excellent post. Very nicely done. You'Ve shown the camera in all it's raging glory. Sure it'S possible to take great pics with the C3 and many did. I think you nailed it that the most people didn't bother with changing lenses and probably used slide film kept the bar low enough. I've always wanted one and decided recently to buy one although as a gift for a very young girlfriend with a creative twist ( leans toward LO_O ) to give her the real thin. Unfortunately the one received (I paid way too much) didn't work at all the shutter was jammed and parts of the RF were missing too. I still want one for her, but that experience cooled my jets for the moment. <br>

The comment about all successful cameras have their imitators is an interesting point. I can't speculate other than they carried their market(share) and when the whole market went east they lost just like the other western camera constructors. </p>