EOS 6D / Sigma 50mm f/1.4 art

robert_rodman

<p>robert R asked, "What are your opinions on this body and lens combonation ?"<br>

<br>

That is an impossible question to answer because you failed to say what purpose you had in mind for it. <br>

...But I second Robin Smiths' observation! </p>

<p>It should be a fantastic combination. Sigma is making some truly great lenses including the 35mm 1.4 art lens and this 50mm. I don't recall any complaints about the focus of the 35mm Sigma lens. For me I use the Canon Nifty Fifty 1.8 lens with my 6D and have no complaints about it, but I more often use the very fine 24-70mm L II when I can haul the weight. Of course Canon has the big, heavy but excellent 50mm 1.2 L lens. Good luck and show us some pics if you go with the Sigma. </p>

Im not sure why one would assume that a 1k optic of any

kind would have focus problems, but, should you, the

lens is compatible with the sigma usb dock to adjust the

lens' s focus calibration and performance.

That said, every review I've read concludes that the

sigma is the finest 50mm optic available for anything

less than 4k, and is on par with those that are 4k or

4k+... not to mention, it has electronic aperture

control, and AF...

Ive only shot with it once in person ( on a 5D2), but

was immensely impressed with the WO performance. The

downside? Long and heavy for a 50.

<blockquote>

<p>Canon has the big, heavy but excellent 50mm 1.2 L lens</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It's smaller and lighter than the Sigma ART 50, which in my humble opinion is way oversized for a 50mm although optically excellent. I personally think this is what the market will think ultimately after the first flush of ownership recedes.</p>

Robin Smith

<p>I have the older Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG and use it on a 40D, 7D and 6D. I do not have focusing issues. This is an excellent lens. From what I have read, the newer Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM has a slight edge on the older. I personally have not compared them. But if the newer lens performs at least as good, you will be pleased. I personally don't feel like I am missing anything and I am pretty picky about my image quality. Just my opinion. Of course the Canon 50mm f/1.2 L would be an excellent choice if cost is not a factor. As far as focusing issues, none that I am experiencing.</p>
Cheers, Mark