L lens for a bad back

DavidRabinowitz

<p>I was Robin...yes, it doesn't make sense based on my initial question but the cotton carrier will support a heavier lens without putting so much pressure on my back...what i plan on doing is taking the 70-300 and my 17-40 which is lightweight...that should cover a wide range...my walk around lens if I'm just taking one around a city, would remain the 24-70 but in Alaska a wider range seems to more advantageous...i've researched the 24-105mm on sites like fredmiranda.com and a greater percentage of people aren't as impressed with it compared with other zooms...since I shoot with L lenses, I've been more concerned about quality...</p>

<p>and thanks Jamie for commenting as well...</p>

<p>David</p>

Hi David, you may also want to add a monopod to your kit. Some of these may be used as walking sticks, and will also

help carrying the weight of the camera system when shooting. Back when I did wedding photography, it helped my back a

lot to use a monopod (of course in a wedding you carry the camera on your hand most of the day, but a walking stick will

be useful when walking in nature trails anyway).

<p>A cotton carrier is surely a good idea. But a simple sling strap like the ones by Op/tech is cheap, easy and can be used without any elaborate set up. I don't have any serious back or neck problems, but both get sore after carrying a camera all day with a traditional strap. I have no problems when I use a sling strap though.</p>