Info on Intervalometer

al_n.

<p>Hello everybody, I am looking for an intervalometer that will let me set a timer for a certain time that will keep the shutter open until a designated time when the shutter closes again. I want to do exposures longer than 30 seconds on my Canon T3i and I was wondering if this intervalometer was good: <br /><br />http://www.amazon.com/Aputure-Control-Shutter-Powershot-Replaces/dp/B003Y35VJA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1401928486&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+intervalometer<br /><br />Will that remote allow me to set the exposure time for longer than 30 seconds? Hopefully for 1 minute or longer? Without me having to keep pressing any buttons? Thanks for any and all replies!</p>

That seems to be what you are looking for, but I can't tell you if that specific item actually works, or even if that brand is

worth the (reasonable) price. I own the similar Canon TC-80N3

(http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/app/pdfs/quickguides/CDLC_TC-80N3_QuickGuide.pdf), but Canon doesn't offers this

kind of remote control for the cameras in the Rebel series. The only remote switch in the Canon lineup for Rebel cameras

is the RS-60E3, which may help you, but it doesn't has a timer (with this remote switch you have two options: to maintain

your finger in the button, or to slide the switch to keep the shutter open until you slide the switch back, but you need to

manually keep track of the exposure time or interval).

<p>I checked the RS-60E3 remote, and it doesn't have all the features that I want. The remote I was asking about seems to be a reasonable price, I just wanted to make sure that it had the features that I wanted, since I have never used one before.</p>