PS CC and PS CC 2014

<p>I'm a subscriber to Adobe Creative Cloud and have downloaded both PS CC and PS CC 2014, don't know the difference but it (2014) was available as an upgrade. Now they show as two different softwares on my computer, if they are redundant can/should I delete one to save space?</p>

<p>Think of the difference between CC and CC 2014 as akin to the differences between CS5 and CS6; two different versions (not dot releases). As such, Adobe never over-writes an older version in case you need to run them in tandem to insure you really do want to move to the next version. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Adobe seems to have adopted the policy that they'll issue new release through the CC venue effectively abandoning work on the previous versions of the apps in the CC and CS systems. The exception to this is Lightroom where even the version you own are now part of CC for updates. And as noted, you'll see the older version just sitting there, but once you decide you don't need it you can use the uninstall in the folder for the individual app to remove it. If you do you have to quit the CC manager app and reopen it so it will coordinate your apps with theirs for you.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Adobe seems to have adopted the policy that they'll issue new release through the CC venue effectively abandoning work on the previous versions of the apps in the CC and CS systems.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Is that anything new? The last update I can find for CS6 is nearly a year old, CS5 two years older than that. </p>

<table >

<tbody>

<tr>

<td><a href="http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5677">Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1.3 update for CS6</a></td>

<td>26.2MB</td>

<td>11/7/2013</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p> </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>There's some merit to your argument but historically Adobe kept some older apps, eg. Indesign and Illustrator, updated for years past the introduction of new versions, only Photoshop got the occasional update of older version. Their view to abandon older apps appears to start with CC where they did update some CS6 versions for awhile, but with CC 2014, the policy seem to have left the CC versions to history as all the major apps have been or will be replaced than updated. This may be in part because of Apple's new proposed rules with OS-X Yosemite focusing on only those apps which are Maverick and Yosemite compatible.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>There's some merit to your argument but historically Adobe kept some older apps, eg. Indesign and Illustrator, updated for years past the introduction of new versions, only Photoshop got the occasional update of older version.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I don't use Illustrator but do use InDesign, the last CS6 update was just about a year ago.</p>

<table >

<tbody>

<tr>

<td><a href="http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5664">Adobe InDesign CS6 8.0.2 update - All Languages</a></td>

<td>136.1MB</td>

<td>9/30/2013</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p> </p>