Canon EOS 6D or 5D Mark iii

HK71

<p>To maximize the DR of either of these fine cameras you need to expose to the right ("ETTR", exposing to the right of the histogram). Shoot in Raw and with ETTR you'll seldom have to raise shadows so much that noise is a problem. Of course, you need to watch the highlights and not blow out any important highlight.</p>

<p>I like my 5D3 a lot but the cost was a bit steep. It seems the 6D has most of the capabilities and is also FF so your 24-70 will operate as it should, as a 24-70. I hated it on my 20D with the APC sensor. <br>

The do love the improved autofocus on the 5D3. Although the 5D3 lacks a native WiFi connection I use the EyeFi Pro card and upload as I shoot to my Android tablet. This is a big hit when I am shooting events and people can see what I am shooting. This beats teathered shooting. I just do medium resolution JPG since the uploads are slow with RAW files, but it works great. So the lack of WiFi in the camera body itself is not an issue. <br>

So you could get another lens and the 6D for the same price as the 5D3. Or you could wait and see what the 5D4 is like. Decisions decisions. </p>

Make your decision based on autofocus needs and requirements.

For the subject matter you mentioned,

the 6D should be fine - it was for me. If you are shooting a lot of sports/action, for example, that would be

a different story. If you shoot weddings/commercial where $$$ are on the line, the dual card slots of the 5DIII would

make sense.

Otherwise the 6D would be a good choice.

www.citysnaps.net

Dear Friends,

I am in Amsterdam and having great time with my new baby 5DMarkiii :) It is really focusing in a blink of an eye, and

shutter fires as soon as you press down the release. There is no any kind if shutter lag, slowness or whatsoever which

would cause you to miss a shot. What a nice camera, working flawlessly and just sat in my hands beautifully. I really

impressed with its autofocus and I clearly see now how AF of mk3 is far better from 6d since I had a chance to try both in

the shop before I finalize my purchase.

Thanks for your interest in my forum topic, they were all helpful and made my decision much more easy than ever. You're

great, as I said before, do not stop clicking! ;)

Regards,

Hakan