A Pure and Unadulterated Case of G.A.S

<p>For $50, which was about what I was prepared to pay for the finder, this whole collection sort of arrived on my doorstep. Now, I know there very few people on the planet who like Braun Paxettes; besides myself I can think of only three or four others, though I know our Andy Collins has one of the later models and approved of it, as I recall. I seem to have accumulated quite a few, lured initially by the sheer cuteness, but later growing to respect the way the system evolved into something very usable. This Super Paxette is certainly usable but I don't really want to use it, and the selection of lenses on display is nothing to write home about, but it's all in rather fine condition and constitutes a collection of items that was commonly sold as a complete kit to some enthusiastic amateur, back in the '50's. As such, it merits some shelf space, I feel.</p>

<p>Oh well, enough justification; at least the finder is pristine, a beautifully made little item with it's elevating foot for parallax correction. I seem to recall that Steinheil supplied these to a variety of camera manufacturers, this copy being engraved "Braun/Steinheil". I just thought you might be interested to see how collecting these things is not really my fault...</p>

<p>Lovely.<br>

I don't even care one way or the other about Paxettes, but I would have jumped at this kit.</p>

<p>I've been "better" than usual lately, so your post makes me feel a little, well, virtuous. But I would have fallen, given the chance. ;)</p>

<p>I did like mine, Rick, but I sold it some time ago. I thought it was a beautiful little camera and enjoyed it while I had it. Selling it was part of my G.A.S. relief regimen, which only served to make more space on my camera shelves which means, naturally, I have to fill that empty space up. Today in particular has been a G.A.S. filled day on the big auction site, but more on that another time. Great find on your part. That's a beautiful set, and I'm eager to see the shots you get with it, as I'm sure the bug will bite you to put it to use at some time. At least, I hope so!</p>

<p>For $50,00 you have been forgiven...go forth and sin no more. I really like the completeness of the outfit. I know how this rationalization works. You now still have to get a Braun/Steinheil Turret Finder because this one is in a complete set and as an "accessory" you need it ummm extra to use with the orphan Braun cameras you own! right?!?</p>