Rollei Dealer In HK

d_balzac

Tak, is Jebsen actually an 'outlet' for Rollei or just a shipping agent/importer? It's a couple of years since I was last in HK and shopping for Rollei equipment, and at that time the 'importer' directed me towards Tin Cheung as a suitable and reputable reseller. I wasn't disappointed with the advice, however I cannot remember the name of the Rollei rep in Hong Kong at that time?

I'll be back later this year, and may check out the options again.

Thanks Fred, I thought as much. it was probably Jebsen whom I contacted for point of sales recommendation previously. I was extremely happy with the gentlemen at Tin Cheung, and have no hesitation in promoting their services to others. I hope they can be of assistance to Dmitry.

Hi, Fred is correct that Jebsen is the distributer and does not normally do retail. However, Jebsen does repair work and will also do shipping to and from Germany for any equipment requiring maintenance or repair. Moreover, since most retailer in HK do not keep stock of medium format equipments, esp those in less demand, it is also advisable to call Jebsen directly and see if they have your items in stock before going to a retailer. Finally it is also possible that you call Jebsen directly to make orders particularly for unusual items. There is also a small showroom in Jebsen. But since I have not visited them for some time I do not know what are they presently showing. As far as I know, they do not have used items. And they do not have the 6008AF, yet!

regards,

Tak

Hi,

Thank you everybody for your recommendation. While in Hong Kong I went to the Tin Cheung Camera and NEW SANKYO CAMERA. Both are within walking distance. Tin Cheung Camera is very impressive shop with a great stock of Rollei Items (both new and and used) . They even had new 6008AF and 180/2.8 AF. Prices are 20 � 25 % better then B&H. New Sankyo did not have much stock and shop looked to me much smaller.

Thanks again

Regards

Dmitry