CFV-50c - V-series Hasselblads unexpectedly get CMOS back

ondebanks

<blockquote>

<p>As usual the price tag is in the astronomics somewhere.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Indeed, but it's still less than half the price of the Phase One IQ250 back with the same sensor - $15k vs $35k; hence the good reception it's getting. </p>

If I was interested in buying a CFV digital back I would be more interested in the CCD version (is it still in production? It is not clear

reading the hasselblad web site) due to the minor crop factor. For me itnis more important than high ISO? Anyway good news,

hopefullyin the future we will have a new version with a bigger sensor. Or may be zeiss could design and make some wide angle lens for

crop sensor :-)

I doub the intend to reintroduce the V system, probably they want to sell DB that otherwhise would be sold by Leaf or

Phase one to V system user. But who knows? May be they are clever enought to understand that there are still many

people interested in simple mechanicak camera that want a digitital capture. In the past who suspected (apart me) that

Zeiss would reintroduce lenses for V system?

http://www.photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00I7qT?start=30

• 1 year later...

I have been trying out a loaner of this back from Hasselblad USA and I think it is great, I will probably get one since my

existing Hassy kit is pretty big. I wish it were a little cheaper but honestly, for what I paid for my system, it still makes

sense on the balance sheet.

It's a sweet back and since this is really just to replace my heavy use of the Nikon system for ad work, I don't mind the

crop factor that much, my 40mm FLE is still pretty wide.