<p>Dear all-So my sister ended up with a long story but ultimately had a cancellation on her bridal portraits being reshot just before her wedding. So, I ended up shooting some last minute amateur portrais for her.<br>

The pictures turned out reasonably well. The problem is that I really don't know how to edit the RAW files and make them look nice. Is there some kind soul who wouldn't mind helping edit 2 or 3 RAW files and making them look print worthy? I know how to use my camera, but have no photoshop experience. I could email you the RAW file if you would be kind enough to help. Her wedding is this weekend so there is a big rush in getting this done.<br>

The email attached to this account is no longer active. If you are willing to help (PLEASE!) then please email me directly at <a href="mailto:tylercwind@gmail.com">tylercwind@gmail.com</a>. Thanks in advance for your consideration and help!</p>

<p>While shooting RAW will get the best from your camera it does not guarantee a good photo. You don't say what camera or lenses you are going to use so this will limit who will be able to help as not all photo editing programs have RAW convertors for all cameras.<br>

I am an enthusiastic amature and have shot at many weddings alongside the official photographer. I always shoot with the highest quality jpg and have found that many prefere my photos over the official ones , not because of the quality but because of the angle or framing of the shot.<br>

If you have become the official and only photographer you have a very ownerous task and I do not envy you one little bit. Please do not take this personally but in your shoes I would shoot in jpg, take a great number of shots and do not rely on editing to improve the results.<br>

My addage has always been to 'Shoot lavishly and edit ruthlessly'.</p>

<p>Jeff-Thanks for the response and the advice. I am not shooting the wedding shots, although I have done weddings in the past. All I need right now is help editing a few photos so are sharpened, levels adjusted, etc. for printing. I don't shoot RAW because I can make the shot "better," I know it doesn't do that. I shoot it for the ability to be flexible down the road working with the shot. </p>