dog photo's and picture frames

<p>That's what I do mostly. Go to pointing dog field trials and get what I can. Sometime friends come by wanting a photo of their dog and I go set the dog up on a bird and get a shot for them. I don't charge friends for photo's or frames. I got a message from a lady I know in Arizona this evening wanting to know if I could make a couple frames for the 2015 Brittany Futurity in Arizona. Sure, I donate lot's of frames to different trial clubs for the trials. Going to make a reg frame for the winning certificate and a shadow box for a raffle prize. Though I'd try to post one of each here and see what people think. I do very little post processing, can't figure it out very well! So, what do you think?<br /> This is a friends dog i set up here at home. he doesn't know he's getting it yet, doesn't even know I made it. It's a 9x18 I printed here at home.<br /> http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r706/fischerantlp/Photo%20Frames/DSC_0001-001_zpse327a8e4.jpg</p>

<p>This one is a dog I got at a field trial. I was changing how I do the shadow box's and just grabbed a photo, it's a 4x6 print.<br /> http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r706/fischerantlp/Photo%20Frames/DSC_0001_zpsfc6cb7e8.jpg<br /> As I said, I'm not good at PP so they actually look better inn person. What do you think?<br>

Well, photo's didn't load and one's from photobucket you can't see! Try again. Ah, one photo did show up. My friend's e Setter Ben. I guess you can only do one photo at a time.</p><div>00cjpo-550134584.jpg.14c2ac5819e9773a09e3975f70ceef0c.jpg</div>

<p>As someone who has shot a LOT of hunt tests and field trials, I can assure you you're right - bird dog folks love good photos of their buddies on point, retrieving, making game. They're usually busy handling the dog, so they don't have a lot of opportunities to pay attention to the light, to composition, or to what camera and lens they're using. Once the local dog people recognize your handiwork, you'll be greeted warmly at such events. <br /><br />The problem real hunt tests and trials is that you don't want to ever be a distraction to the dogs, the handlers, the birds, or the judges. So while I will shoot testing/trialing dogs from a gallery position or while walking along with the judges when they don't mind, I've usually used such occasions to meet people and make arrangements to put some birds down after the event, or to connect with them under training circumstances when I can get down and dirty with the dogs and not risk blowing the test or trial for anyone involved. Diplomacy is everything!<br /><br />I like that long aspect ratio on the pointing Brittany image. Your friend is lucky to have your creative urges working with him in mind!</p>

<p>Thank you Matt. I've got bad knees so don't get out in the field much. To get pointing photo's at a trial I need to wait for call backs and then stay with the judges, they don't always pick a good spot to shoot from! lol Several different people asked for pointing photo's of their dog's and i set them up with pigeons in a trap. I do take some pigeons and a trap just for that. One guy wanted a photo of his wirehair after he got the fld ch title on it. Then when he got the certificate's back from AKC he got ahold of me to frame them the same way I did his dog. I am my own worst enemy though. I know what I have into them and a guilty feeling if I think I charge to much! In fact there have been occasions where I though the photo would really be special to some and just give them away. One young Britt pro and his wife showed up with their infant baby girl. I caught him coming in after a brace with his daughter in a sling in front of him and his dog on the saddle with him. I got both of them out there and did several photo's of them then gave them to them. Ya need a business manager? lol</p><div>00cjrj-550145684.jpg.61dd79ac354b9b2e2d1fd392e7859162.jpg</div>

<p>Yeah, I could always use someone to follow me around dog events and smack me in the head when I start being a little too generous for my own good. But then, that's how you end up getting in front of some great dogs, so ... so be it! Here are some of mine that happen to be online here:<br /><br /><strong><a href="/photodb/folder?folder_id=743317">http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=743317</a></strong></p>