Logistics / supplies suggestions for a pair of Fujis?

<p>Hello, I just bought a X-M1+2 zooms kit and added a used X-E1. While warming up with them I am wondering: How big is a battery size matched card for fine JPGs + RAW according to your experience?<br>

What would be a proper bag for the Fujis with lenshoods ready? Is there one that stands an extended shower in the rain too? - I'm not sure what I am looking for exactly. - I planned Fuji as carry around & complementary kit. i.e. barely noticeable weight, occasionally not used at all but meeting groceries in the everyday backpack. An option to go for double fanny packs replacing / attached to a backpack pelvis strap would be nice too, should allow sitting though and might face rain when I ride into town or somewhere (motorbiker). - I'm courious about your suggestions / solutions.<br>

How many batteries could you drain while recharging one, if you are shooting an event like a concert or wedding like crazy? <br>

How long is one battery supposed to last in a assumed worst case with AF & OIS busy?<br>

How and when do the Fujis benefit from faster - how fast exactly? - cards? - Any experiences?</p>

<p>With regard to cases, I use the Op/tech Rangefinder soft pouch: I wanted something very small and am more worried about the occasional knock or contact with stuff in the backpack. It works very well but is probably not good enough for a deluge. You'd have to reverse the lens hood to make it fit.<br /><br />As for cards, I use UHS-1 cards (Sandisk and Transcend). My tests 18m ago with my X100s was that they were twice as fast when clearing the buffer as older cards.</p>

<p><strong>Batteries</strong><br />I have only an X-A1, but the X-M1 is identical other than the Bayer/X-Trans sensors. I don't know whether there's any difference in power consumption but the X-A1 is a battery hog. The rear LCD-only method is very power hungry, and it's often necessary to crank up the screen brightness in daylight to see clearly, especially with the tilt screen flipped up for TLR-style composition. I always use image stabilization with the kit zoom, unless I'm using a tripod - IS is also a battery hog. And I tend to leave the camera on all the time, with the sleep timer set to 5 minutes.</p>

<p>But the main source of battery drainage is my own practice of using the in-camera raw converter extensively. I probably do 75% or more of my editing in the camera. I shoot and archive RAF raw files, but rarely edit them on the PC. The in-camera raw converter handles most of my needs.</p>

<p>So I have three batteries - the original and two Wasabis with charger. Usually two are enough to get through a whole day. The Wasabis seem to last as long per charge as the original. And the Wasabi charger is more compact so I carry it in my bag. Batteries seem to recharge reasonably quickly, an hour or so, although I haven't timed it.</p>

<p><strong>Media cards</strong><br />Regarding media cards, 8 GB cards have been adequate for most sessions, and I shoot very freely, usually raw & JPEG, always maximum resolution/quality. When taking candids it's not unusual for me to use the 3-5 fps mode. Even with relatively stationary subjects I shoot a lot. The delete button works fine and I'd rather use it than risk missing a shot from hesitation. But 8 GB cards have been adequate. I do have a couple of 16 GB cards, mostly for the rare occasions when I shoot video. I usually prefer Class 10 cards, but the slightly slower cards are adequate with cameras that have decent buffers. I haven't timed anything with the X-A1, but my Nikon V1 has a good buffer so the card write speed is less critical. My older Ricoh GX100 has no buffer and needs a faster card for adequate performance. But Class 10 cards are very affordable now, even at the local grocery store, so I usually buy those.</p>

<p><strong>Bags</strong><br />Bags - I switch between a Lowepro Off Trail waistbag, a small Beseler soft cloth shoulder/belt bag (just large enough for a compact camera, small tablet, paperback book and a few accessories), and a new Lowepro Passport Sling. I like flexible, expandable sling/hobo bags for day trips accompanying my mom or other older folks to medical appointments because I may have to carry medical records, prescription bottles if the doctor requires it instead of an inventory sheet, etc. And sling bags are handy for quick trips to the store to pick up a few groceries. But the Passport Sling isn't an all-weather bag. Even if the exterior were rain resistant (it isn't) the top mounted zipper would leak. I'm hoping to find a good all-weather sling that's still flexible/expandable. Pacsafe makes good theft resistant slings with slash-resistant fabric and straps, but they're not weather resistant either.</p>

<p>Usually I prefer the small Lowepro Off Trail waist pack. It's comfortable and the center pouch is triangular shaped and not too long, so it doesn't interfere with walking - although I usually shove the pack around toward my hip. It's long enough to accommodate the camera with 16-50 kit zoom and hood attached ready for use. No idea whether it's long enough for the Fuji tele zooms. The Off Trail is discontinued but there are plenty of similar compact waist bags from several manufacturers.</p>

<p>both your cameras will benefit from UHS-II cards. and both cameras will fit in a <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=563908&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyMafBRCU7OCRyc2vitsBEiQAKV4H9OzZFDD5deYnoyTdwQ7glQSOD4Zi_-uojnI875zZwAcaAtvg8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details">lowepro Inverse 200</a>, a trail-ready fanny pack which can also be shoulder-carried and has an AW cover. in practice, you should get around 300-350 shots per battery. the problem with fuji is that they dont give a battery level percentage, and the indicator will drop suddenly from white to red. so, i'd recommend two extra batteries -- the wasabi power wp-126's work great and are cheap.</p>