D4 sub-selector ruuber cover/dust sheild

leon_pugh

<p>I'll be taking my D4 in to have the rubber button cover and dust shield fixed.<br>

It has come off several times over the last year. I was able to get it re-attached each time, but it keeps coming off at random times. I would have lost it each time if not for the fact that a small edge of the dust shield around the rubber cap remains affixed to the inside of the camera.<br>

I wonder, <br>

Is this a common problem with the D4???<br>

Anyone else have this issue?</p>

<p> </p>

Yea friend has the same problem. He used crazy glue to affix it in place. All rubbers o. D3/d3s/d4/d4s are coming loose.

Grip under moundt left of the mount and even the bottom rubber plate. Rubber on nikon products are garbage. Lets not

even talk lens rubber. What garbage. This has been an issue since the n90s/f5 era where it a problem then as well

<p>Really Robert?<br>

Rubber on my F5 is fine and has shown no sign of coming off. The only camera I ever had any problems with was my D2h. Nikon replaced the rubber on it every time it went in for service. But I have to say the last time I used it everything was where it was supposed to be. And before you ask I do not baby my equipment. It gets used and used hard in all sorts of conditions</p>