Adobe Lens Profile Downloader

<p>Hello friends,<br>

I have recently decided to try my hand a astrophotography and bought a cheap Samyang 14mm 2.8. I am using it on my Canon EOS 50D, and while the lens distortion isn't atrocious, it still needs some correction.<br>

I have downloaded Adobe Air and Adobe Lens Profile Downloader. I found a profile for the correct lens but on a 40D in RAW. I shoot in RAW and figured, close enough. Maybe not? I installed it but the profile doesn't show up in Lightroom 4. <br>

I must be missing something. Help!</p>

<p>What you are looking at may not be lens distortion, but a perspective distortion. If you are looking at a bowing of horizontal lines, this may be exactly what is supposed to happen. If you were getting a lens distortion, the bowing would not be on spec, but would still be there.</p>

<p>If you wanted to flatten out the perspective, there is software for that but it would not be in the corner of lens distortion fixes.</p>

<p>I have been looking at the same lens but it's distortion witholds me at the moment. According to tests/reviews the distortion is "moustache" like, so I'm not sure that programs like PTlens or Adobe's lens profile editor can easily correct the distortion.<br>

I have a similar problem with adding a lens profile to LR4, haven't tried to solve it yet so I can't offer you any help with this. </p>