Suggestion for a portable camera. Mamiya 6 MF? Hasselblad?

bruno_lessen

<p>The telescoping bellows of the Mamiya 6, encased in metal shrouding, accounts a lot for the smaller size of the optics, with the 75 mm being very tiny. I don't find the lack of an interchangeable back a great problem, as the body is so small that I simply used a second body when I was shooting both colour and B&W, always having a functioning 6 body on hand (My mint 2nd body cost about $600 about 6 years ago), but when I found myself shooting mainly B&W with film I often preferred a Fujifilm GSW 690 III for the increased negative area of non square large prints for gallery sale.</p>

<p>Nonetheless, I have retained one Mamiya 6 and its optics for much of my work. It is a light, quiet and efficient system, with some maintenance points you have to consider if you are using it under rigorous conditions (not my case, fortunately). The only trouble I have experienced with the excellent 50mm optic was mechanical, with the solenoid of the diaphragm failing unexpectedly, although I do not think it is a common problem and the 6 and its other optics have had no issues during more than ten years of (fairly light or moderate) use. Like all electronically controlled mechanical shutters or simple mechanical shutters, exercising of speeds when not in use (month intervals) is good practice.</p>