Canon EOS 6D Focusing System

abhijit_singh1

<p>Hi,<br>

I am planning to replace my Canon 60D with the new full frame Canon 6D. But before buying i need advice from 6D owners on the focusing system of this body.<br>

As per the specs it has 11 focus points out of which only one cross type center point rest all are vertical,however my 60D has 9 focus points and all are cross type.<br>

I am not sure how well 6D focus point setup would perform over a 60D or 70D if i am only shooting landscape,Architecture and sometime street.Don't want to see miss focused shots due to the focusing system limitation.<br>

Being a loyal Canon user i just don't want to regret after buying it over Nikon D610.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Abhijit Singh</p>

<p>I mainly shoot landscape, travel, theatre/stage and macro with my 6D and it rarely misses. Oddly, I had more missed focus with my 60D! The 6D center point is the best in the business and will lock in dimmer light than any camera I've owned. True, outer points aren't as sensitive but they actually work well in all but the dimmest light. 6D contrast focus in LV is considerably better and faster than 60D contrast focus, albeit not nearly as good as the 70D duel pixel contrast focus. The only place the 6D falls short is AI servo for fast sports. </p>

<p>I also have a 70D and while AF system is excellent and certainly better for AI servo than the 6D, the 6D buries it in low light. My 6D review:<br>

http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/frary/canon_eos6D.htm</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>I owned the 6D and got rid of it for the 5D3. The AF system is the reason I ditched it - it wasn't good enough for the weddings and child portraits I was doing, and for the extremely fast lenses I was using. However, I think for your purposes it should be OK. It was otherwise a great little camera.</p>