Medium Format Camera with Shift Lens

mark_s.4

<p>I shot a lot 4x5 large format the last years. Now for a recent project I need something less complex/ expensive. <br>

I`m looking for a 6x7 medium format camera (not a technical camera!) with a high quality shift lens in a range of 65mm-75mm. <br>

What do you recommend? I found something from mamiya and pentax. Are there other brands to consider? <br>

The lens should be sharp, without distortions and free of chromatic aberrations. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>In addition to the more common 75mm shift lens for the Mamiya RZ you can get a tilt-and-shift adapter which can be used with a short-barrel 75mm lens as well as a short-barrel 180mm lens. (The SB 180mm lens is currently available "new" through E-Bay.) The adapter can also be used with other Mamiya lenses but will not be capable of focussing at infinity. Nevertheless this could be useful if you are shooting closer and need (limited) technical camera effects.</p>

<p>I use a Rolleiflex SL66 which gives me a bit of tilt but no shift. I've loked at the various options to get shift in a 120 camera and have come to the conclusion that my 4x5 field camera is both less expensive and less complex (and already paid for) as Q.G. de B. has already pointed out. And it isn't very heavy.</p>