Profoto 600R monolights (question)

sharokin_isayo2

<p>I would pay good money for the Compacts. I have one, non-remote version and love it.<br>

The protruding bulb fills softboxes, beauty dishes and other modifiers a lot better than the D1 (even with the aftermarket globe). You have to decide if the lack of remote and color consistency is worth the savings. Mine is totally consistent from shot to shot, but when you power up and down, it changes slightly. Very easy fix in post.<br>

The catch is the life of the flashtube. If it's about to die, it's $200+ to replace. Definitely work that into your considerations.<br>

I see a 600 and 600R kit on ebay right now, BIN kits with accessories for $1200-$1400.</p>

<p>I'd buy a dozen Profoto 600Rs for $200 each : -) Then I'd sell them for $350-$400 each. Cha-ching.</p>

<p>There is a 2 light 600R set on e-bay for $1,400 (supposedly new in a case … ? …).</p>

<p>Found another used set, with a 3' X 4' soft box, that recently sold for $1,650</p>

<p>$375 to $450 each seems about right, depending on use and condition. </p>

<p>These lights are still pretty popular because so many studios are still R (Pocket Wizard) based. If you also have R triggered generators like the D4-2400R … then everything is all working off the PW trigger.</p>

<p>- Marc</p>

<p> </p>