I want another flash for Canon 7D

jephotog

<p>I have a relatively new to me Canon 7D and my older 580ex. I would like to get another flash to work with this setup preferably a cheap knock off to work with the sophisticated computer potential of the EOS 7d.<br>

<br />I have used two flashes in the past with slaves but want to take advantage of two flashes using my 430ez and a Vivitar 285. What is my best option nowadays for a second flash</p>

<p>Since your slaves are both going to be slaved optically, Any 3rd party option should work. I've had good luck with the Yongnuo 565ex, and I've heard their 568ex is great as well. I don't know if they (565exs) are the 'best' or not, but they seem to work just fine for me, w/ plenty of power, and good control interface.</p>

<p>The 285 is modifiable for better output control:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.graphic-fusion.com/vivitar285mods.htm">http://www.graphic-fusion.com/vivitar285mods.htm</a></p>

<p>However, I think the Yongnuo would be my choice if I were to start over. That said, the really great thing about the Vivitar is that perfectly rectangular, flange-shaped head, which is perfect for mounting the flash to just about anything.</p>

<p>Second what Sara said. I used her info to construct a modified 283.<br>

I've also found another favorite of mine the Sunpak 411 Auto. It has the advantage of having a manual mode with variable output down to 1/32 power.<br>

<br />You should lso check out Syl Arena's blog and books. His approach to off camera flash is easy to comprehend.</p>

<p>Ed K.</p><div>00cQQl-545917084.JPG.2e5bd887a666537d2a599ef494e140d3.JPG</div>

<p>Thanks for the info. I was thinking the Yongnuo 565ex already.</p>

<p>I have a bag full of older flashes including a 285 and now remembered 540EZ. I will use the 540 for a basic flash with a slave and use the 580EX to round out my new Yognuo.</p>