PENTAX 67, battery put in but nothing working?

katie_eleanor

<p>Hello there,<br /><br />Last week I purchased a Pentax 67 and 90mm 2.8 lens. Everything seems perfect and shiny, incredibly good condition.<br /><br />Originally I bought 6V alkaline batteries of some random Chinese brand, put one in and nothing worked. Now I've bought a Varta 6V sliver oxide battery (as mentioned in the 67 manual), put it in and still nothing works. The battery lamp won't glow and the exposure metre won't move.<br>

Does anyone know what might be the problem? I feel like I'm missing a massive step.<br>

Kind regards,<br />Katie </p>

<p>I had something like this happen, but it wasn't a camera fault or a battery fault. It was my fault. I didn't look directly at the positive + end of the battery and installed my carrier in with the battery + end facing the wrong way. I was stumped until I traced my steps back to the beginning. Just a thought.</p>

<p>I've seen the silver oxides die in minutes in extreme cold, just a thought. I placed the camera on the roof of my car in near zero F weather. The battery located in the bottom of the camera died instantly from the cold.<br>

Also 6v batts aren't huge sellers these days, they could be dead on the shelf.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone!<br /><br />Took lens on and put it back on, nothing.<br />Cleaned the battery contacts, nothing.<br />Checked the battery is the right way, definitely is, (and tried the wrong way for the hell of it).<br />No luck, and I've appeared to have locked up mirror too.<br />I think I'll take it in somewhere!</p>

<p>The silver oxide battery is preferable to the alkaline but I have found several of both kinds dead when I opened them. Once in a pinch I used four MS-76 batteries in series with some aluminum foil as a spacer. I couldn't get the diodes in my Mamiya PD-S finder to light up but the shutter fired. All of my medium format SLRs except for the Mamiya RB67 Pro S take that same dreadful 6 votd battery. I guess I can always dust off my old Minolta Autocord (meterless) and grab a Gossen Scout 2 if I want to shoot batteryless. </p>

<p>Thank you all for your help!<br /><br />I took it into London Camera Exchange today and they got it working! Still a few minor issues, will need a full service I think, but overall I'm so happy and excited to run a film through it!<br /><br /><br /></p>