My film camera use has plummeted

brian_m.1

<p>Fujifilm Mailers (35mm) processing<br>

Nikon Coolscan V (35mm) scanning<br>

NCPS (120mm) processing and scanning<br>

And then, I take very few shots. Probably not very well, but slowly with great attention. It's a HOBBY, not an efficiency contest. <br>

I fly fish. Clearly bait is more efficient, as are nets, as is a stick of dynamite.<br>

But I LIKE fly fishing and film photography because they force me to slow down and pay attention to my art and the beautiful old tools I am fortunate to get to use.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I think it will take a few more years before some folks realize what they've been missing by not shooting film. It's unfortunate we're getting no help from the industry (sure, hard to do in these "digital" times). Advertising practically does not exist, young people born "after" film find silver process incomprehensible, and many opinions of silver from the "digital" crowd (spoken out of ignorance) do not help resolve it either. <br>

It's important to keep film going so there is sufficient demand to keep related businesses alive. I've had a few long years of only doing digital. Even, if I can come up with multitude of reasons for doing so, I had a major revelation when I developed, at last, a roll of T-Max. Film was old, stored badly, and results were not great, but supremely satisfying. It's the process of getting the image that makes my day. Eventually a full blown darkroom is going to come my way, but for now it's all about getting that image from bulk loading to scanning.</p>