CLA for Voigtlander Vito II

<p>Evening everyone. Less than a year ago I got the CMC bug...bad! Purchased an Isolette II and learned about Agfa Green grease and how to fix it, then an Isolette III which had been cla'd within several years. That one got me off and running.<br>

Well a Voigtlander Vito II appeared in the mail today. A little tlc and windex has it looking like new. Lens is super clean, only the shutter speeds are off. Slow speeds (B, 1, 1/2, 1/10) hang up. Higher speeds show OK with a test roll.<br>

So can anyone point me to someone who can do a cla on the shutter? It is a Prontor - SVS, which surprisingly does not have the self time. I am located in the Puget Sound area, you know, the area with a bunch of VERY LOUD people who attend mass sporting events.<br>

Thanks, Bill</p>

Go Hawks. Advanced Camera Repair on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy in Portland does

my cla work on my classics. They can do just about anything. They charge between

$75 to $125 per cla. If you find their website, you can get a very accurate estimate

without sending it in. They take great pride in their work. When I got my Vito II it had

the same speed issue. I used a little lighter fluid and worked the shuttef about 60

times and it came right back on speed.

<p>I'd also suggest the lighter fluid (aka, naphtha- cheaper at your hardware store) <em>first</em>.<br>

I just want to say when Michael says "a little" - take that very seriously. Do NOT flood the shutter, tiny drops will do, combined with working, and even a gentle wiping if you can get access to the shutter.<br>

Sometimes this type of working free will seize up again after it sits for a while. Repeat as necessary, always keeping the amount of fluid to a absolute minimum.</p>

<p>Also Mark Hansen -- see http://www.zeissikonrolleirepair.com -- who is also in Portland. The Vito is neither on his list of cameras that he <em>does </em>repair, nor on his list of ones he <em>won't </em>repair, so it could be worth an ask. He is kind of a shutter generalist, and does say (in the context of LF anyway) that he services Prontors. He did a good job for me about 5 yrs ago on a seemingly irreparable Compur in a 1937 Voigtlander Bessa folder. Bulb setting still does not work, but the timed speeds purr beautifully and are surprisingly accurate.<br>

<em>--Dave</em></p>