Canon FD Breechlock 50mm 1.4 SSC

LeTGiao_Gallery

<p>I need help fixing the focus ring on a Canon FD 50mm 1.4 SSC, breechlock. To begin with, the ring stops at 5ft mark, never can get to infinity. I wiggle it and turn the ring back and forth several time, all of a sudden the ring goes further than the 5ft mark, but very reluctantly, It turns smoothly between 5ft mark to the beginning. I see a set screw but cannot adjust it to kane the ring work. Please help showing me how to fix this problem. Thank you.</p>

<p>Thanks for your advice, John.</p>

<p>I did look at Rick's drawing, but my problem is to remove the name plate. Also the focus ring is now turning freely, it no longer catches the helicoid. My question is this: Can I leave the ring on, just adjust the set screw to make it catch the groove? Any idea or info on how to set the screww on this ring, since the screw doesn't have a slot to insert the screwdriver blade.</p>

<p>I had a look at my lens. I don't think the thing which you can see is a set screw. I'm not sure what it does. I still think you need to get into the front of the lens to see whats going on.</p>

<p>To unscrew the name plate you have to use some kind of rubber friction material to get a grip on it, perhaps wear a rubber glove. After that you remove three screws to get the filter ring off, then another three screws secure the focussing ring. You should not have to unscrew the front lens group to reconnect the focussing ring to the actual helix.</p>

<p>Thanks for your input, John and Dave.</p>

<p>I finally managed to unscrew the name plate with a pair of rubber gloves. The focus ring was very loose, I guess the screws become untightened over the time. I cleaned the ring and whatever is grimy in there, then retighten the screw to attach the ring to the helicoid. It was a simple fix, but the name plate did present a challenge to begin with.</p>