E-M1 and FL-50R wireless remote capability

kevin_mahoney1

<p>I found that I can still use a 19 year old mini flash I bought for Camedia 5050 Z. I prefer to conserve the EM-1's small battery for now; And yes,the little FL 20 with two AA cells works in TTL mode with the EM-1. Maybe Kevin can come over though and help me partner the camera with my iPAD. Still playing with that function:_)</p>

<p>I hasten to add that my FL 50 original has not wireless remote capability. Which doesn't bother me at all. Reason is that I have switched to the separate Vello radio trigger (not limited to line of sight and with multiple flash zones set by switches, and a two color display for focus and then release fnxn).<br /> Likely there are downsides. Maybe the clip on flash will wake up off camera flashes?I do needto have a cable to fit into the proprietary Canon port on the EM-1 which is different than the round one on the E-3 as you may have noticed and Oly does not include same except for computer hookup, the multi port or whatever they call it.... An 8 buck extra. As to TTL, that is a non starter so far, although I do not typically try to get TTL in any off camera flashgun, as I expect to set up manually off camera flashes. The big value of using a battery powered accessory to trigger off camera is to preserve the limited juice in the E-M1. I may never use the little included flash, not sure. Even as a trigger device. I can tell you more about my setup when I get better aquainted with the E-M1, such as the effect of plus/minus flash compensation via lever position #2.<br>

Latter I would likely adjust <em>directl</em>y on the FL 50/50R. Whatever works best for you Kevin....gs</p>