Father's Birthday #86

<p>Today is my dad's 86th birthday. And I was given some negatives recently from my sister among my parent's possessions. Am guessing from an old brownie camera on 127 film.<br /> I was able to develop them both in my darkroom and digitally and give prints to my mom and dad. A real treat for me to be able to do that.<br /> Turns out the photos were taken after only 8 months of marriage in 1951. They were going to the UP of Michigan on Ferry (before the bridge was built) and over to Wisconsin. The bar is still standing and they are on facebook. <br /> Anyway, in honor of my father I would enjoy sharing them here with others who appreciate analog photography.<br /> cheers.</p><div>00cSjj-546405684.jpg.1afaf88a7ebf42e5fa1d96cc30b39321.jpg</div>

<p>Absolutely priceless! I'm 64 and I sometimes drag out the photo album when I go to ma's. I love looking at those old pictures. Especially of my father who's been gone now since 1989. There is one of me in about 1953 or 54 winding up the starter rope and pulling it to start an old gasoline engine. Of course at that age my pull was very, very slow and would never fire the old girl, but my dad told me it didn't stop me from trying and I'd spend hours with that old thing as a babysitter. Those shots were all taken with his Kodak Target 616 and still look very nice for box camera pictures. After my dad passed my ma gave me that old camera and I still have it on the shelf in my darkroom. I've never used it, but I think this summer I'll check it out and run a roll of film through it for shots of my 8 grandkids and make copies for my ma as a keepsake. You inspired me! JW</p>

<p>Congratulations and Birthday Greetings to your Father! You've done a fine job on these, <strong>Steve</strong>, and you should be feeling pleased with yourself. I occasionally get called upon to do similar work, and I'm always moved by the emotion and pleasure the recipients display when they see the finished work. Love the "rest of your life ahead of ya' " title and image; oh, so true...</p>

<p>Nice.</p>

<p>March 21st would be my father's 119th birthday if he were still alive. Not even the members of my family live that long, unfortunately.</p>

<p>Here is a 'selfie' my Dad did, probably not long before I was conceived...</p><div>00cSrs-546436184.jpg.90def39a7b31089b9982bec918e6c1b9.jpg</div>