Bridge any better lately?

<p>Its been about a year or 2+ and I stopped using Adobe Bridge (Windows7x64)as it would crash when reading network drives, and if one drive was not up, it wouldn't know what to do and flip out.<br /> I use CS5 version of Photoshop and wondering if they have fixed up their issues with network drives and other issues it had?<br /> I did like it when it was working, and think as a Browser it is almost a must have along side using LightRoom.</p>

<p>Thoughts?</p>

<p>I use the CS6 version and it works very nicely. I typically do not use it over network drives. I mirror image on two drives when I import and then back up to a NAS. I typically start with metadata edits in Bridge, rating etc. I see there is also the mini bridge inside Photoshop itself, not that am sure when this feature was introduced. I am used to the full featured bridge. </p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>Like Peter Cohen I use a combination of Bridge CS6 and Lightroom5. RAW edits on CS are seen in Lr 5 but not the other way round.<br /> Lr works best for me if I copy your files to the location on your hard drive, Preferable a fast External (USB3,ESATA or Firewire 800) then add to Catalog without moving them. Don't try to use a USB2 drive as its far too slow and will cause lock ups or crashes. I use several USB3 and Fire wire 800 drives with CS6 and had no problems at all. <br /> I use bridge for renaming files and do some RAW edits before importing to Lightroom because I prefer that way to work. It seems much faster that way. Also file naming in Bridge is easier IMO than Lr; so I prefer to rename first before the Import process.<br /> <strong>You must only use Lr for subsequent renaming and file movement.</strong><br /> If you use Bridge or any other method you will have a big problem.<br /> Lr renaming or movement will show up in Bridge or other apps.</p>