Lowepro LC 2

real_name

<p>Real: I've discovered before - though the situation may have improved since - that most lens case lines, including LowePro's (with respect to Maury), don't cover every lens size even close to perfectly. Of course, if the lens manufacturers could just agree on some standard sizes... When I use lens cases, I have several lenses that rattle around. I tend just to wedge them with spare bits of partition material from the backpacks - but I usually just use a bigger bag. ThinkTank have a system for wrapping lenses up (and Amateur Photographer gave away a padded wrap for small lenses a while back), but they're not really designed for the protection of a dedicated case, and they don't have straps. I hope that helps, or at least sympathizes.</p>

<p>I've got the Lenscase 3 and the AF-D 80-200 f/2.8; it will fit for sure. I use the lenscase for a 300 f/4 instead, which is slightly larger and has a much larger tripod collar, and it fits fine (also with replacement Kirk tripod collar which is again larger), so the 80-200 with its small tripod collar (and hood) will have room to spare. Don't know for the LC2, no experience with it.<br>

Maury, with all respect, I think the 9 x 20 is pretty accurate; this lens has a diameter of approx. 8cm and a really tiny tripod collar. The 20cm length including caps sounds about right too. The newer 70-200 f/2.8's are indeed larger than <a href="http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/AF-Zoom-Nikkor-80-200mm-f%252F2.8D-ED.html">this older lens</a>. That said, I can only echo Andrew's first response that it is great that representatives from companies respond here, much appreciated!</p>

<p>Measured the AF 80-200 ED two ring model.<br>

Length end- to end with caps: 21 cm.<br>

Lens hood diameter 10.5 cm.<br>

Lens diameter at the lens foot, the foot included: 8.5 cm.</p>

<p>Depending on how flexible the LC2 is, and how tight the specs are, it might do, but it may be difficult to get the lens out ;-)</p>