NIKON SB-900 SPEEDLIGHT

david_bagnard

<p>Does anyone make a fitted and padded hard case for the SB-900 Speedlight? The units come with a softcase that only protects against scuffs, but certainly no protection against hard objects banging against it. Many thanks for any potential resource.<br>

David Bagnard, Garden Valley, Idaho USA</p>

<p>The Nikon pouch is just a thin sleeve with minimal padding. A hard case, like something Pelican would make, will more than double the volume occupied by the flash. This Think Tank pouch looks like the best compromise - soft but with ample padding.<br>

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/strobe-stuff.aspx<br>

This could be stuffed into a backpack, or attached to the outside, or a belt, for convenience.<br>

My backpack is made to hold cameras and similar gear (Think Tank Airport "Commuter"), including a flash unit or two with the diffuser cap attached. Unfortunately, there's no room for lunch or underwear.</p>

<p>Might sound a bit odd, but I found leftover or small lunchboxes perfect. The ones with 4 click-over clips (one per side) are good. I just trawled a few stores with my SB800 in hand until I found one that would fit it snuggly when wrapped in two 'circuits' of thin foam. Total cost £5. Waterproof. No sharp corners. Designed to be carried in a knapsack.</p>

<p>Not proof again being driven over or surviving a plane crash but pretty tough never-the-less.</p>

<p>These come in about a dozen different sizes. Amazon UK No. B0000AN4CJ</p>

<blockquote>

<p>http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lock-Stackable-Airtight-Container-Rectangular/dp/B0000AN4CJ/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1393401608&sr=8-21&keywords=sandwich+box</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Sounds stupid maybe, but i have some biscuit tins that fit the size of stuff i want to stuff in my backpack when traveling. one of them fits snug around the softcase of my flashguns. It seems just rigid enough from getting them crushed up to now..</p>