Perkeo II

<p>Hi Folks -<br>

I'm the proud owner of TWO cameras. My digital SLR, Nikon D40x and a Voitlander Perkeo II.<br>

Question about the Perkeo: It's in great shape but shutter sticks when set below 1/50th second. I don't want to disassemble it. Can I (safely) place a drop of some kind of high-quality lubricant into the timing mechanism without the lubricant finding it's way to (damage) the lens glass?<br>

Thanks! Matt Antonellis (Seattle, WA)</p>

<p>Matthew, the first option is to ignore the lack of slow speeds (how often do you need low speeds anyway) and just use the camera as is.</p>

<p>The second option is to run a drop or two of lighter fluid (<em>not</em> lubricant) down the shutter cocking lever into the mechanism, and exercise it a few times . I've revived the slow speeds on a few folding cameras using this method.</p>

• 5 weeks later...

<p>Ditto, have a repair person attend to it. I tried to fix the same issue myself and ended up with it working but a leftover spring shouting "OK clever clogs where do I go?" <br>

The Perkeo (generic name for a joker/jester in German) is a fine camera capable of producing really fine negatives and well worth the investment. </p>