Rolleiflex 2.8F Shutter Release Guard & Cable Release

roy_ramavarapu1

<p>I will appreciate a confirmation on the following; I also searched the forum if there was anything written on my question. Found related items, but (my search was not exhaustive) not much on my question below.<br>

I use a Nikon AR-3 shutter release cable (I purchased it based on a recommendation from a photo.net contributor, and works just fine) on my subject TLR. The shutter release has a projected/protruding part that is pressed by the finger if the cable release is not used. The cable release (AR-3 in my case) screws into this protruding part. There is a shutter release guard that is rotated between two positions; these two positions are indicated by two small logos/pictures; in one position of the release guard, the protruding shutter release is locked and cannot be depressed. In the other position of the release guard, the protruding shutter release is unlocked and can be depressed by the finger. All this applies if the finger is used and without a shutter release cable screwed in.<br>

If the shutter release cable is screwed in, and the shutter release guard is in the locked position, is it still possible to activate the shutter release by using the cable release (i.e., depress the cable release lever). Is this normal? I think I experienced this, and was also able to advance the film frame. I think that this could be because the AR-3 plunger is long enough to reach in and activate the shutter release (with the cable release screwed in). Looks like the release guard applies only to the protruding shutter release component and finger use.<br>

(I think I took two photos in the above experience mode, and will have to wait to see if the photos came out OK.)<br>

Any thoughts and experiences on the above will be appreciated. <br>

Thank you all, and best regards.<br>

Roy Ramavarapu, 08 Sep 2013</p>