Nikon Wednesday 2013: #36

Matt Laur

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>@ <a href="/photodb/user?user_id=2019667">John P</a> & <a href="/photodb/user?user_id=5050610">Paul Beavin</a><br /> John, Paul, thank you my friends for your interest in that stray dog. <br /> John every time I go to that beach first thing is to search for him. If I don't see him I wait...and after a while there he is, the prince of the beach walking among the bathers. He's having a splash in the sea to cool off and then looks for a shady place to rest under the trees. Some people are freaking out but I try to explain them that this is not a private beach, there are no "No Dogs Allowed" signs and most of all that's his "home", his neighborhood, this is where he lives. It's not a crowded beach, it's a small one with thin sand and trees and really beautiful waters. He's very friendly he doesn't bother no one, and only if you call him several times he might approach you but very, very, carefully. You have to earn his trust. This is what me and my wife did in the first place and now he approach us wagging his tail since he knows he can trust us. <br /> Paul, believe me, if I could, I would have taken him home. I already have one precious dog, to take care ( I picked her up from the streets), I grew up with doggies so I know what it means to a dog like him to have a home. But I feel a bit of a comfort knowing that there's a lady living by the beach that she is taking care of him and have him playing with her doggie at her front yard. At least I know he's free and not in a cage waiting his turn to be eliminated...that would kill me. <br /> Have a nice week my friends!</p>

<p>A friend invited me to a Balloon Fest that he was flying in. I arrived just as the competition was beginning. As the morning competition was finishing I took a couple more of my friend's balloon and later noticed the moon in the background. <br>

Right Place at the Right Time!</p><div>00by47-542317484.jpg.56e61072b94332d54ece717a3754dde1.jpg</div>

<p>Panayotis,<br>

Thanks for replying to my message to you. That dog sounds like a "survivor" who is very street smart, in this case "beach Smart". It is comforting to know that a lady is being kind to him and letting him play with her dog. <br>

You are a true dog lover like so many of us and I applaud you for your kindness. Good luck to you and your new found friend. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>"How do you guys get your images centered on the page?"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Upload directly to the forum. That's what most folks do.</p>

<p>However if you prefer to host photos on your own website, off-site host (Flickr, smugmug, etc.) or, as I do, drag and drop from my photo.net portfolio, you'll need to add HTML to center the photos. I usually don't bother.</p>

<p>However, I just edited my third photo in this thread (Prospero's books) to center the photo and caption. Just add the standard HTML <center> on and </center> off tags.</p>