100mm smc pentax 2.8 K

perry_cas

<p>I winder if anyone would like to express any opinions on this lens. The reviews i have seen are ok but I still dont feel very informed. It is to go on an Xpro1 where it will be a 150mm. Edge to edge sharpness would be nice, contrast and colours i am also interested in. I recently bought another K mount lens so am interested in the convenience of the mount. I a aware there are a few different models, but am assuming the glass is similar. </p>

<p>I'm not exactly sure which lens you are talking about. There are several. A* version, F version, FA version, D FA version (I), and D FA version (II) WR. I have personally used the FA, D FA version (II) WR. The A* is legendary. So a little more help please.</p>

<p>I have tried the following K/M lenses:<br>

M: 28/2.8, 40/2.8, 135/3.5<br>

K: 200/4<br>

My general impression about the lenses in these series is that they can be fairly sharp, but are also prone to CA. Under good light, color and contrast are good, but not as good as for modern lenses. The only lens I still keep is the 40/2.8.</p>

<p>So I would second the recommendation you got in the Mirrorless forum, about looking for a macro lens in this focal length - it will be more expensive, but it will also be way more versatile. Some years ago you could still find a Phoenix macro lens that costed $100 new. It was supposed to be pretty good, but it got discontinued - you might find one on the used market though. <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/186634-REG/Phoenix_P09031_Telephoto_100mm_f_3_5_Macro.html">Here's a link for it</a>.</p>

<p>I have a M 100mm f/4 Macro and it's a fine lens. Mine has a little fungus but it doesn't seem to matter as long as light isn't hitting the front element. Focus action is nice and damp, making it easy to make very small adjustments. I got mine for under $100 due to the fungus issue and I don't use it a whole lot but for the right situation it's really nice to use.</p>

<p>there was a K lense that l was interested in, but at that cost i dropped the idea of the pentax and bought a leitz-minolta Rokkor. thanks for your help its always nice to chatter about gear, i dont know anyone in the real world who has an interest in cameras so it all tends to be done here.</p>