Rollei Automat

<p>Tony,</p>

<p>You always seem inspired while on your walks down by the shoreline. You do some of your best work there. </p>

<p>I have seen that when I lived by the coast of California. When some people get near that salt air they just seem to come alive.</p>

<p>It is easy to find ads for the various Rolleiflex/Rolleicord models. Here is an ad that was in the Oct. 1953 issue of Popular Photography.</p>

<p> </p><div>00bvRQ-542012084.thumb.jpg.d31fffd88b822238af074b276addb58d.jpg</div>

<p>I don't know if I would say the Planar and Xenotar are "sharper" than the Tessar and Xenar. At f8, all lenses are sharp. However, the Planar and Xenotar have distinctly different signatures, and perhaps have better local contrast. I do love the look of my vintage 1949 Automat with the Opton-Tessar lens, though I am eager to see the results from my 1970 3.5F too!<br>

Michael, money isn't an issue for me at present (but who knows what the future holds!), and I've lusted after a late model 3.5F with the Planar lens for the past 25 years and it just arrived fresh from a CLA so I think I'll keep it a while and enjoy it.</p>