Good flash ring adapter for Canon 5D2/580EXII with 50mm f/1.4

paul_c7

<p>Hi everyone, I am posting in the hope that someone can recommend to me a flash ring (or flash ring adapter) that will work with my Canon 5D Mark II / 580EX II...I've read all about the Ray Flash, the Coco and the Orbis but what I can't seem to find any information on is what lenses these adapters are/aren't compatible with.<br>

I want a flash ring adapter primarily for portraits, however, I generally shoot portraits with my 50mm f/1.4...based on photos of the flash ring adapters I've mentioned above, it doesn't look like any of them will work with this lens. I've also got a couple other prime lenses that I use for portraits (28mm & 85mm) but I feel like these would all have the same problem.<br>

Can anyone recommend to me a flash ring adapter that is either compatible with these smaller prime lenses, or is there a way I can use them?<br>

Failing that, what is my next best alternative? I really want a flash ring as I really like the effect that this gives, but I feel like my current lenses wouldn't be very well suited for use with one. (in additional to the lenses I've mentioned above, I also have a 17-40 wide, 24-105, 70-200 tele & 8-15 fisheye)<br>

Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated! :)</p>