D90 freezes/lock-ups

owen_farmer

<p>I had a problem with my D90 a few years ago, where it froze (could not release the shutter).<br>

I have not had this problem since. I am trying to remember what I did to fix the problem and can't (in case it happens again).<br>

There was some kind of error message on the screen. I removed and replaced the battery but that didn't help. I couldn't take pictures of the remainder of my grandson's birthday party.<br>

I subsequently found a reference in the D90 manual on how to reset (or some such word) the camera, which worked. Anybody know where I can find this reference in the manual?<br>

Thanks,<br>

Owen</p>

<p>I just went through the D90 manual to see if I could find the reference. I think that it is the blinking Err message described on page 256 (Camera malfunction). The solution is "Release shutter". When I arrived home I was able to release the shutter and get rid of the Err message. I don't know why I wasn't able to do this at the birthday party. Hopefully this won't happen again.<br>

Thanks for your help.<br>

Owen</p>

<p>Owen, it is a malfunction, you may have this experience next time. I had that with my D70 from the day I got it pretty much. The camera locks up, my mirror was up as well. No buttons responded. I had to take the battery out. Even even after you power up it may happen again and again when it strikes its mood. It even locked up AF and while Manual Focus worked .... I sent it back to Japan for PCB parts replacements and amongst others .. one was aperture PCB and a new shutter unit too.</p>