how kodak Ls753 adjust file size?

sobing_lee

<p>I have bought a Kodak LS 753 in 2'nd hand market. I discover the file size only 980K each time However a 5.0 mega pixel camera taking a photo about 1.5Mb in norm.It is too compress.</p>

<p>Could kodak LS 753 adust file size by setting camera or bu software? Thank You.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi Sobing. Press menu, scroll down to "image quality" with the up/down arrows, press OK, then use

up/down to select "best" and press OK. Press menu when you're done. That seems to be all the control

you have.<br />

<br />

There's some documentation <a

href="http://resources.kodak.com/support/shtml/en/manuals/urg00242/urg00242toc.shtml">here</a> if

it helps.</p>

<p>Thank You! I have chose "best " in "image quality" . I have test two photo if all auto it just 700KB .if I use + 1/3EV which near 1.0Mb . I guess which setting compress more since year 2004 memory card is very expensive even 16MB, so much compress for saving space.<br>

For Kodak C533 in 2006 1GB SD card become common.So it do not saving space to affect photos quality. which 1.5Mb per 5.0mega pixel picture.<br>

why me chose LS 753 since Schneider-Kreuznach C-Variogon and using Li-ion Cell more lasting than C533 using AA Cell.(C533 is Retina)<br>

Thank you your help:D </p>

<p>Hi Sobing. Interesting that it's quite heavily compressed, but you may be right about it being a function of its time. The size will depend on what you are shooting - detail and noise (low light) are likely to make files bigger. The image I'm attaching was compressed even more (relatively) by the camera despite high quality JPEG settings, and this was a recent DSLR. However, you may be right that the LS753 is just compressing highly by default, and there's no way to override it.<br />

<br />

Are you actually seeing a significant quality loss due to JPEG artifacts? It could just be doing a really good job of storage...</p><div>00c9AV-543505784.jpg.13229c0d2f5a40e823926e5415464886.jpg</div>

<p>Fine!Andrew it is beautiful photo. I also found funny else if you upload photos to flickr the EXIF show file type is JPEG old type. Old type!?what is new type ? May be JPEG 2000. It is not big problem for file size since share on internet or printing 4R size photos. Just know why.<br>

I have another problem ,if using data wire (printer dock terminal of camera) should be install Easyshare software in computer first? I can't transferring photos and show device on computer.</p><div>00cAL8-543629184.thumb.jpg.7cb366004f833a490a5cfcdeb38baca7.jpg</div>