OUBIO adapter question

james_martin12

<p>I recently entered the crazy world of the Visoflex and its vast array of adapters, extensions, viewfinders, and so forth. Specifically, mine is a Viso IIa LTM-to-M. I acquired the OUBIO adapter to mount a 200mm Telyt. So far, so good. I do have a question for any of you who also use the OUBIO.<br>

When the lens is attached I get a good bit of play (movement) at the point where the mount rotates (allowing you to switch the camera/lens to vertical orientation). That is, they can be swayed side-to-side a few millimeters. Of course the adapter itself is mounted firmly to the tripod so it stays put. Is this "normal" for these adapters? Is mine (which otherwise operates fine and looks practically new) just extremely worn and wobbly?<br>

Thanks!<br>

James</p>

<p>Hello, James,<br>

When I bought a thread mount Telyt 400mm lens many years ago, it came with an OUBIO (aka 16466M) attached. Honestly, until you mentioned the mechanism to change from horizontal to vertical I have never used that function since the lens mount on the 400mm also allows for that. I can report that there is absolutely *zero* play in the OUBIO. It sounds like you may need to find another one or have a competent repair person adjust yours. They are fairly ubiquitous online. I hope that helps...<br>

<br />Best wishes,<br />David</p>

<p>I probably will just buy another one, as there are several available.<br>

I took a close look at pictures of some of those for sale, to compare visually with what I have here. And, just for the hell of it, I took mine apart to see what's inside. Not much, as it turns out. There definitely is space between my bayonet mount and the black body of the unit, which I don't see on others. Aha! I thought maybe just a quick adjustment of that bay mount ring will do it. But there is a groove into which the grub screws seat so that bayonet collar cannot be moved further forward. It doesn't appear that any part is missing, but who knows. Maybe there used to be an additional spacer or grommet in there to take up slack. Or perhaps it was treated way rougher than its outward appearance would suggest.<br>

Oh well, back to the (auction) store...</p>