Bronica EC.

<p>That is a fine looking camera Dave, love all the chrome! I don't know how the Electronics will fare long term, although it has lasted so far.<br>

Thanks for the link too. Gene, the SLR's are a bit beastly compared to a Rollei, but then there is the interchangeable lenses. I am a confirmed Hasselblad man, but the Bronica is really growing on me.</p>

<p>Tony: I looked again at your initial post again and noticed you've got the 50/2.8 lens. Nice. I was about to say "how's that possible when you're on a budget?" because when I built my kit in 2011, I ended up with the 50/3.5 after finding that the 2.8s (those that I saw, anyway) were considerably more expensive. Looking on US eBay for a quick minute right now, though, the 2.8s and 3.5s look close in price! Might be time for me to go 2.8 and lose the 3.5 with flare-prone 82 mm front element.</p>

<p>Gene: I see from recent posts you've got out your heavy iron (6x9 Fuji, Mamiya C330) with quality optics, and put down the Bakelite boxes with meniscus lenses. If you're in that mode, you would indeed like these old Bronicas and Nikkors.<br>

<em>--Dave</em></p>

<p>Yes Dave, but I bought the whole outfit from a person over at Apug for a very reasonable price, all except for the 135mm anyway. The 50mm 2.8 is a very good lens, I thought that it may be a bit poor compared to the 50mm Distagon on the Hasselblad, but it wasn't...though not quite as good!<br>

Peter, you are quite right! Although I quite enjoy "the clatter wheels of hell" on many occasions, and it's not too bad compared to the 500ELM.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Tony,

I enjoyed your presentation. I've been hooked on Bronica cameras since 1977, started shooting weddding and landscapes with a S2A

then moved up to the SQ-A because of the higher flash synch. Now I'm back repurchasing the bodies and lenses I had to sell. I own all

the Nikkors from 40-300, plus a few Zenzanons and even a Zeiss. My favorite will always be my black EC-TL. Your black EC is a beauty

The big question....are you still shooting with it? This is an old thread.

It would be nice hearing from you.

I started a album of images taken with Bronica cameras. Most are just test shots, I'm hoping to keep adding to it.

www.pbase.com/rick_jack/bronica

Great images, would love to see more.

Rick